The Jack Brause Library is accessible to currently-enrolled NYU students, active faculty, and staff. All other visitors must request an advance appointment. If you are an alum of the NYU Shack Institute (REI), a licensed real estate professional, a currently enrolled student in an affiliated university (Columbia University, The New School, Cooper Union, and the New York School of Interior Design), or a METRO Referral Card holder (one-time-only visit to use specified library item), please fill out the request form. For METRO Card holders and real estate professionals, use of Brause Library resources is limited to materials not available at the New York Public Library.
At this time, Friends of Bobst Library are not entitled to visit the Jack Brause Library as part of the Friends program.
As you plan your appointment, please keep in mind:
- We do not accept same-day appointments. Request forms must be submitted at least 24 hours in advance.
- Due to space restrictions, we will not accept visitor requests during busy times of the school year (midterms, finals, etc.). We also do not accept extended reservations for multiple days.
- Once you have submitted the request form, you will receive an e-mail within 24 hours indicating whether your request has been approved or denied.
ONCE YOUR APPOINTMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED:
- Bring your ID to gain access to the building and to use library materials. You will only be able to use items onsite in the library, and there is no guarantee that the items will be available at the time of your appointment.
- To access items kept behind the reference desk, please plan your visit during staffed hours.
- To access the NYU Guest Wi-Fi network, please ask for the log-in information at the reference desk.
- If you have missed your appointment, please submit a new request form.