Bobst Library Resources for the Study of French Literature
Example Paper Topic: stage behavior in 18th-century theater
1. Primary Text Collections: Two Examples + Caveats
2. Organizing Your Topic and Preparing for Research
- A. Become More Familiar with your Topic:
- B. Break your topic down into its constituent parts -- Identify Key Concepts and Synonyms:
- Paper topic: stage behavior in 18th-century theater
- Concept matrix:
- Theater: theatre, stage, plays, drama, comedy, ...
- behavior: gestures, action, movement, gesticulation, rhetoric,...
- 18th century: 18th, eighteenth, enlightenment, classical, ...
3. Discovering Secondary Sources
- A. Finding Books: Library Catalogs
- B. Finding Articles: Indexes/Databases
4. Additional Resources
Jennifer Vinopal, email@example.com
Librarian for Digital Scholarship Initiatives