- Recognize that information sources appear in various formats, using a variety of search tools for access
- Understand that background information is often found in books, ebooks, review articles, and aggregated tools
- Understand that the scholarly journal literature is organized and accessed via specialized databases, mostly subscribed via institutional login
- Understand the basics of Boolean Logic and its relationship to developing a strategy for a literature search
- Understand the legal, ethical and social issues surrounding the use of information, and the need to cite source material in a standard format
Click Forward to go to Module 1.1.