Background information may also be located in electronic tools that aggregate texts, references, drug monographs, and more. Below are a few examples. "Point of care" tools, syntheses and summaries are used by busy clinicians who need disease, drug, and best practice information in the clinical setting. Point of care tools are indicated below with double asterisks **.
- Ebook Central is a collection of more than 40,000 online full-text books and other materials that spans all academic subject areas, including health, biomedical and clinical sciences, social and behavioral sciences
- **Joanna Briggs Institute EBP Database: covers a wide range of medical, nursing, and health science specialties and includes a unique suite of information that’s been analyzed, appraised, and prepared by expert reviewers at JBI
- **STAT!Ref is a searchable collection of full-text medical and drug information. Includes more than 25 medical reources such as Stedman's Dictionary, Mosby's Drug Consult, Merck Manual, Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment, Current Pediatric Diagnosis and Treatment, DSM-IV-TR (Text Revision 2000), USP DI Vols 1 and 2, AHFS Drug Information and many more.
- **Micromedex 2.0
Evidence based drug and clinical information from Micromedex. Includes unbiased, referenced information about drugs, toxicology, diseases, acute care, and alternative medicine. Includes a calculators tab with 22 separate dosing, laboratory value, antidote, and measurement calculators, and tabs for Trissel's™ 2 IV compatibility, drug identification with images, comprehensive drug interaction checking, and Tox & Drug Product Lookup for quick substance identification.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library: a database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research. CLICK ON Medicine to see the texts included, including the Gale Encyclopedia of Public Health, Encyclopedia of Pain, Encyclopedia of Cancer, Encyclopedia of Public Health and MORE.
- **Nursing Reference Center PLUS intended for staff nurses, nurse administrators, nursing students, nurse faculty, and hospital librarians. It offers over 4,300 documents, featuring evidence-based lessons on procedures, diseases and conditions, legal cases and drugs.
- **UptoDate full-text clinical resource that provides evidence-based answers to the most commonly asked questions in clinical practice.
Click Forward to go to Module 1.5.