If you are prompted for the NYU RefWorks Group Code, enter:
The code is case sensitive, so enter it exactly as it appears.
- Direct link to RefWorks (you can bookmark this URL)
- From NYU Home: Select the Research tab and choose RefWorks from the most popular list
- From the Library homepage: Select articles via databases and choose the citation management tools category, or select RefWorks from the popular databases link on the right hand side of the screen.
* If off campus, you'll be prompted to enter your NET ID and password. You'll still need to login to RefWorks using unique login information.
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a free (to the NYU community) web-based program you can use to organize your research. Enter citations as you work, import references retrieved from article databases and the library catalog into your RefWorks database and create bibliographies in a variety of formats. Your RefWorks bibliographies are stored on the RefWorks server and are available from any computer with Internet access. NYU students and faculty continue to have access to their RefWorks account after graduation.
What you can do with RefWorks
- Create & organize your own personal database of references
- Search your RefWorks database
- Format bibliographies according to chosen style (MLA, APA, etc.)
- Import references from a variety of catalogs & databases
- Share your RefWorks database with users inside and outside of NYU
Learn more about RefWorks
- Use the tabs above to learn about basic RefWorks functionality
- Sign up for a RefWorks class
- For specific questions, use our Ask a Librarian service