Search for books, journals, videos, etc. in our local libraries and special collections.
NYU Libraries' online catalog.
Introduction and Related Guides
Welcome to the Caribbean Studies research guide. This guide is designed to serve as a starting point from which students and researchers can begin their research. It is a selective listing of general resources related to Caribbean Studies. Please consider consulting related guides:
Quick Resource Links
The following are digital libraries, bibliographies and databases where you can begin your research.
- dLOC, Digital Library of the Caribbean: a cooperative digital library for resources from and about the Caribbean and circum-Caribbean.
- Handbook of Latin American Studies Online (1936-1989) and Handbook of Latin American Studies Web (1990 to present): A bibliography on Latin America consisting of works selected and annotated by scholars. Edited by the Hispanic Division of the Library of Congress, the multidisciplinary Handbook alternates annually between the social sciences and the humanities. Each year, more than 130 academics from around the world choose over 5,000 works for inclusion in the Handbook.
- LANIC, Latin American Network Information Center: a digital initiative of LLILAS Benson at the University of Texas at Austin, LANIC provides access to online content to, from and on Latin America.
- Oxford Bibliographies, Latin American Studies
- PRISMA publicaciones y revistas sociales y humanísticas: a database that provides access to over a hundred scholarly journals dedicated to the study of the region.