I am the Librarian for the NYU School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS). I support SCPS graduate students and faculty by facilitating access to all NYU Libraries services and resources. I can help you as outlined below or can refer you to other NYU subject librarians if your research needs require consultation with a particular specialist.
I came to NYU in 2011 from Berkeley College. Previously my experience was in library management and training in the corporate world, particularly in news and media libraries. My research background focused on news, politics, public policy, business, and government.
My Research Guides include:
How I Can Help You
For students, I can:
- Meet with you individually to help you plan your research strategy for assignments, theses, or capstones
- Recommend research strategies via email or phone
- Meet with you to provide an overview of online and traditional library resources and services
- Provide a research skills refresher for those returning to school after an absence
- Provide guidance on conducting online research
- Help you locate hard-to-find publications or citations
- Help you identify and use tools to efficiently manage your resources and generate citations
- Refer you to other NYU Libraries subject specialists with expertise in your area of interest
For faculty, I can:
- Visit your class to help students maximize use of NYU Libraries resources in completing assignments efficiently with reliable resources
- Provide instruction for classes meeting online
- Work with you to create assignments designed to encourage student use of NYU Libraries resources
- Help you track down hard-to-find publications or citations
- Create a webpage tailored to your class assignment
- Meet with your students individually
- Coordinate purchase of materials needed for your teaching or research
- Act as a liaison communicating the department's concerns and needs to library administration
Consultations can be arranged by appointment.
My normal schedule is:
- Bobst Library (70 Washington Square South, 5th floor): Monday Tuesday, Thursday, 212-998-3230
- Jack Brause Library (11 W 42nd St., 5th floor): Wednesday, Friday, 212-992-3627
However, my schedule is flexible and I am glad to accommodate your needs. For faculty wishing to arrange classroom instruction sessions, please provide as much advance notice as is possible.
I look forward to working with you!