Understanding & Accessing Ebooks
Ebooks are electronic versions of books. The ebooks available in NYU's collection do not require ebook readers and can be viewed on any computer. There are several different ways to locate and access ebooks in the NYUAD Library or Bobst Library collection.
1. Conduct a search in BobCat as you would for any other type of item. To limit your results to ebooks only, select Full Text Online under Availabliity, and then Books under Resource Type.
Please note that not all ebooks are cataloged in BobCat therefore it is advantageous to also search individual ebook collections according to subject area.
- Click here to view a brief video on limiting by Availability and Resource Type to locate ebooks in BobCat.
2. Search for ebooks within individual collections, such as ebrary, Safari Books Online or ACLS Humanities Ebooks. To access these collections visit the ebooks page on the NYU Bobst Library website. Ebooks are categorized by subject area, including Humanities, Science/Technology and Social Sciences.
3. Conduct a search in multiple ebook databases at once using the federated search function available on the Search Multiple Ebooks Page within this guide.
- Click here to view a brief video on conducting a Federated Search in multiple ebook databases.