Document Delivery for Articles & Book Chapters
NYU students and faculty at NYU's global campuses may request scans of articles and book chapters for their private study, scholarship, or research while abroad. Bobst Library will supply chapter scans and article scans of materials we own, within fair use guidelines. If we don't own it, we will request chapter scans and article scans from other libraries.
How do I request articles or book chapters?
- Request the item(s) through Interlibrary Loan. Click to submit a request for an article or book chapter. You will need to enter information from your NYU ID card to login.
- For NYU materials, we're happy to send you the item's table of contents if you're unsure what portion(s) you need.
- Please note: On the request form please indicate that you are at a NYU global site (specifying which one)..
- If your request is canceled, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How will I receive my article or book chapter?
Delivery of chapters and article scans is electronic. You will receive an email with a link to the scanned article(s). Typical turnaround time for article requests of NYU material is 3 business days. For non-NYU material, typical turnaround may be up to 7-10 business days.
Book Delivery for GRI Fellows
NYU Global Research Institute (GRI) Fellows may request NYU Bobst Library books to be delivered to their Institute.
To request a book:
- Login to bobcat.library.nyu.edu
- Conduct your search.
- Eligible materials will display a blue "request" button.
- Select this button to request the item and choose your delivery site.
All materials are subject to recall and must be renewed or returned on time or fines may accrue.