End of Semester Library Services
Grad students - Just a reminder that we're here for you as you finish up the semester!
- The Libraries have extended hours during the end of the semester, including 24-hour access to Bobst Library during the finals period.
- Bobst Library offers expanded seating in various locations throughout the building, including the 6th, 9th and 10th floors, as well as in the Avery Fisher Center on 2 and on the lower levels.
- Bobst offers a number of amenities during crunch time, including free coffee, snacks, and relaxation and wellness resources through our partnership with the NYU Wellness Center. Look for signs throughout the library for more information on accessing these amenities.
- Don't forget to renew your library materials before you head out for the summer. Log in to your library account via BobCat and click on "My Library Account" to see your loans and renew online.
Join us for a Library workshop
As another semester kicks off, brush up your skills with a series of workshops. These sessions focus on learning how to organize your bibliographies, finding out to how to track down tricky citations, understanding the intricacies of analyzing data, and even just knowing your way around an American research library. Click on a class below for more info and to register!
MaRLI - Get materials at Columbia and NYPL!
The New York Public Library and the libraries of Columbia University and New York University have launched a pilot initiative to expand access and use of collections and better serve their users. The collaboration, dubbed the Manhattan Research Library Initiative (MaRLI), will enable NYU and Columbia doctoral students, full-time faculty and librarians, and approved New York Public Library cardholders with a demonstrable research need not met by currently available resources, to borrow materials from all three institutions.
Find out more here.
New Survey Tool
Working on a survey research project? Want a tool that will take your survey project to the next level? Try Qualtrics!
Our new NYU Survey Service provides Qualtrics, a tool for creating and administering web-based surveys. This service is available to current faculty, retired faculty, administrators, staff, and students in degree programs.
- You can access the NYU Survey Service through the Research tab in NYUHome: http://home.nyu.edu
- Check out the NYU Survey Service (Qualtrics) guide at http://nyu.libguides.com/survey for more info and to get started!
The Data Service Studio can also help you with your statistical, qualitative, or GIS analysis project. Visit our homepage at http://library.nyu.edu/dataservice
Reserve a Space
Rooms come in a variety of sizes, from small 1-2 person rooms, to 4-6 person rooms, to rooms that hold 10-12.
Rooms are subject to these Policies:
-> You must be a graduate student
-> You can reserve up to 3 hours/day
-> You can make only one reservation/day
Publishing your dissertation...
We have a new guide that offers practical information and strategies for those completing their doctoral dissertations and considering how best to share their scholarly work--as journal articles or a book, in print and digital form. Topics include understanding your rights as an author, how to think strategically about your publishing choices, what you need to know about copyright, and more. Click here for the complete guide!
Graduate Community Toolbar
This toolbar provides valuable links to the library, campus resources, RSS feeds from the library, and a Bobcat search box. It also allows you to directly receive important information from us and, more importantly, you can directly contact us with suggestions! Try it out today!