What am I searching?
Use the quick feedback form
Tweet us @NYULibraries #trialsearchtool
Facebook us facebook.com/NYULibraries
How is this tool new and different?
- No need to select a specific database or subject category to get started
- Find a wide variety of resource types with one search
What is covered by this tool?
A large portion (but not all) of NYU Libraries' electronic subscription services, which contain:
What isn't covered?
- NYU Libraries' physical collection, such as print books, videos, cd's, archival materials
- Some electronic subscription services
Does this tool offer "one stop shopping?"
This tool searches a large portion of the library's electronic collections, but not everything. It's quick and efficient, but depending on your topic, it may not offer you the level of search sophistication you need. Besides using this tool, it might be worthwhile to supplement your research in some of the following ways:
- Use BobCat's Books & More tab to find print books, more ebooks, media, etc. and items from our consortium libraries
- Use BobCat's Articles & Databases tab to search within specialized, subject-specific databases
- Use Research Guides to get librarian-recommended databases, journals, encylcopaedias, statistical sources, and other specialized research materials in your field
- Use BobCat's Course Reserves tab to find items your professors have put on reserve
- Use Ask a Librarian via email, chat, phone, or in person if you need help on finding research materials on your topic
- Access your library account and e-shelf from the NYU Libraries home page or from within BobCat