Bobst Library's Special Collections and Archives house significant resources that support research on a wide range of topics.
Types of materials include:
- rare books
- personal papers
- organizational records
- films and videos
- University history collections and more
Use the pages of this guide to:
- read definitions of basic archival terms;
- find out what to expect when you visit a special collection, including reading room protocols, reader services, and possible access restrictions;
- learn how to handle one-of-a-kind materials with care;
- find out about citing and quoting from unpublished manuscripts and archival collections; and
- learn about best practices for using special collections.
Follow the link to the related Primary Sources research guide to find out how to locate primary sources and use them in your research.