My NCBI is a free service by the US National Library of Medicine. Here is how to register:
- Click Register for an account (only once) on the My NCBI Sign In page.
- Enter a username (3 or more characters, alphanumeric and '_' only) and a password (at least 8 uppercase/lowercase letters, numbers, or special characters).
- Choose a security question and answer so you can use it to reset your password if you forget it.
- Enter the characters displayed as an image in the text box to help us prevent automated programs from registering accounts.
- You can enter a default email address. This email address will be used for both automatic e-mail updates and the Send to E-mail feature in PubMed.