Installing the software needed to use Tesseract involves working out of the Mac Terminal. To open the terminal you can type in "terminal" at the Spotlight Search, or, you can open Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app.
The command needed to commence the download is underneath the name and description of each software
- Homebrew: a package manager for MacOS
- /usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
- Xpdf: open souce PDF viewer
- Ghostscript: Postscript and PDF interpreter
- ImageMagick: an open source software that lets users read and write images
- textcleaner: open source code that let's you manipulate documents with text to appear cleaner
- Tesseract OCR: creates searchable PDFs or text-based documents
- brew install tesseract --all-languages
When downloading these documents, be mindful to where in your files they will be located and if you changed the name of the file.