NYU Libraries gets access to the AP Daybook via the Factiva database. Follow these steps to get in:
- Log into Factiva via either of BobCat's two database tabs (Articles & Databases is arranged by subject/content, while Databases A-Z offers an alphabetical list of everything we have access to). Or use this direct link to Factiva.
- Please note: Factiva may prompt you to enter your NYU Net ID and password even when you are on campus. It is one of the more restrictive databases we subscribe to.
- Once you are in the database, enter the terms: nyc daybook into the Free Text search box. You do not need to use quotes or search operators.
- The default date range is set to last 3 months but you can change it to "in the last day" for the most current events.
Additional troubleshooting tips:
- Factiva limits access to a few people at a time. If you try to login and you get a message saying that your access can't be authorized, it simply means we are at our limit for current users. Try again in a few minutes.
- The search form includes a "more options" section that allows users to exclude certain content from their results, including calendars, sports, and obituaries. It is very important to leave this UNCHECKED in order to view content from the AP Daybook.