Question: I am looking for background info to support a Muslim patient with an STD,
Answer: Some suggested resources
- Look in Books/E-Texts Tab above, try:
- Search Nursing Reference Center Plus: "Muslim Women," and notice the first few hits:
Muslim Women as Patients: Providing Culturally Competent Care
- Sexual Health Knowledge and Needs:Young Muslim Women in Melbourne, Australia
- Search Ebook Central e.g with these terms.: Muslim Women Health Virginity
- A search within one result, this title Virginity Lost : An Intimate Portrait of First Sexual Experiences A search on Muslim OR Islam, leads to
Mernissi, Fatima. 1991. Women and Islam: An historical and theological enquiry.
Kakar, Sudhir. 1990. Intimate relations: Exploring Indian sexuality. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. Available in Bobst Library: https://getit.library.nyu.edu/go/9417356
- A search on Subject: Transcultural Nursing AND Textword: Muslim OR Islam
- Search CREDO Reference (aggregated online encyclopedias): " Volume 3: Family, Body, Sexuality and Health from Encyclopedia of Women and Islamic Cultures"
- Search for an article.
Try this in PubMed: muslim AND women AND virginity,
sample result: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26132067
Try this in CINAHLPlus: Subject MH: ISLAM AND keyword virginity