Advances in technology have made it easy for publishers and other information service providers to send your topics of interest directly to your e-mail in individual messages or in a collection. Another option is to subscribe to an RSS feed for table of contents or a saved search. Look for the RSS words or symbol: If you do not see an RSS icon, look for word or phrases such as “alerts,” “e-mail alerts,” etc.
The list of services below are not intended to be comprehensive, but to provide examples of alerting services that are available:
Most journal web sites offer Table of Contents (TOC) alerts. To set up a TOC Alert:
Below are some examples of contents and article alerting services from aggregators and from pre-appraised evidence sources:
Setting up alerts from PubMed:
Create journal alert
Create search alerts
Create citation alert
In addition to accessing BrowZine online, you can download the mobile app for your device here.
(Note: This application does not offer all of NYU's subscribed journals)
1. Download the app onto your device.
2. Login via facebook or email (it doesn't have to be your NYU email)
3. From the landing page, go to settings (gears icon) and under Account Settings tap Institutional Access
4. Tap "Automatic Login Using Library Login"
5. Under proxy settings, search for New York University and select New York University Libraries.
6. Sign in with your KID/NetID and password