This guide gives an overview of resources and materials available at NYU Libraries (and beyond!) for research and instruction in gender and sexuality studies. Use the menu in the sidebar to navigate this guide.
Ready to jump in? Here are the top 4 things to know about starting your research in gender and sexuality studies:
1. Scholarly articles are indexed by two core databases:
2. Background information and broad overviews of a topic can be found in reference works, such as:
3. Manage all materials you find from various sources using a bibliographic management tool like RefWorks or Zotero to save, organize, and format all your citations.
4. Ask me when you get stuck or have a question! I'm here to help with your research needs--just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This guide is a gateway into gender and sexuality studies more broadly. For resources on specific topics or related disciplines, please browse the guides is this list or check out our other research guides.
Call the 24-hour hotline at (212) 443-9999, chat via the Wellness Exchange app anytime, make a virtual appointment, or "stop by" during our virtual drop-in hours to speak with a certified counselor about any day-to-day challenges or health concerns, including:
(212) 443-9999 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with international numbers offered at most global sites.
Call (212) 443-9999 to make arrangements for a virtual drop-in.
email@example.com during business hours; responses may take one business day