- This table is designed to help you choose an appropriate statistical test for data with one dependent variable.
- Hover your mouse over the test name (in the Test column) to see its description.
- The Methodology column contains links to resources with more information about the test.
- The How To columns contain links with examples on how to run these tests in SPSS, Stata, SAS, R and MATLAB.
- The colors group statistical tests according to the key below:
|One Sample Test
|Difference Between Groups
* This is a user-written add-on
This page was adapted from the UCLA Statistical Consulting Group. We thank the UCLA Institute for Digital Research and Education (IDRE) for permission to adapt and distribute this page from our site.
The content of this web page should not be construed as an endorsement of any particular web site, book, resource, or software product by the NYU Data Services.