The Business Library supports the academic and career success of NYU researchers at Stern, SPS, and CAS Economics. We support all NYU scholars performing research in business, economics, entrepreneurship, and real estate via access to our resources, subscriptions, spaces, and services.
See also: Central NYU Libraries Services and Accessibility Services.
The Business Library - originally known as the Commerce Library - was founded in 1938 and located in Shimkin Hall. In 1946, the libraries became a depository for the United Nations, and for the US government in 1967. Bobst Library was completed in 1973, and business and economics collections across NYU's locations were consolidated in the building at that time. In 1983 the Graduate Business Administration Library was launched at 19 Rector Street in lower Manhattan. In 1988, with Stern's naming gift and consolidation at Washington Square, plans were created to integrate the two libraries, which was successfully completed in 1992. In 1999, an anonymous gift allowed the Business Library to launch its first website. The Brause Library for Real Estate, located in Midtown, came under the administrative charge of the Business Library in 2000. In 2010 the Business Library moved to its current location as part of the Research Commons on Bobst Library's 5th floor. These library facilities are located on Lenapehoking, the traditional and continually colonized lands of the Lenape-Delaware Nation.